[OM] OT: Looking for 640 batteries

Subject: [OM] OT: Looking for 640 batteries
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 14:08:36 EDT
I just got a nice-looking 35 ECR, but the batteries that came with it are
dead. Does anyone know of a source for genuine mercury 640 batteries, or
possible have some in their stash they'd like to sell?

I know that there's an alkaline replacement for the mercury battery, which
has slightly higher voltage. Any experience with them? Are they hard to find?

TIA,
Greg