Re: [OM] - OM4Ti Black vs. Champagne

Subject: Re: [OM] - OM4Ti Black vs. Champagne
From: flowerside@xxxxxxxxxxxx ()
Date: 8 Jul 2002 14:26:45 -0000
> Hi Fabio, welcome to the list, great to have someone from Italy joining us.

Hi Harry! Am I the only Italian 'round here?

> Concerning the offer of an OM4Ti in champagne, I would say the price of
> euros 690,- is a bit steep. devenitely NOT a fang! I bought mine for about
> 350,-, but that was six years ago and even then I considered myself lucky.

Wow! You definitely made a bargain!

> If I were you I would keep the OM2S and wait for more offers to come your
> way (look in E-bay or read the small ads in local papers) maybe even some
> one on this list can make you a better offer for an 4Ti.

I've constantly scanned Italian and German eBay auctions during the past months
and it seems that the OM4Ti prices are not far from that amount... So, as long
as I can "see" and "touch" the camera I'm about to buy, I prefer to afford a
bigger expense than wait and hope for a eBay bargain...

The only two shops I found in town selling OM4Ti were the one I'm just about to
buy mine, and another one (who sold me the OM2-SP for 170 euros ) who had an
OM4 black (not Ti, in good status - B+ - for 570 euros) an OM4Ti like new (A-)
for 1000 Euros!!! That's the current OM4ti situation in my town (Milan)...

Anyhow, I still have some days left before buying the "thing", so if someone
from the list has a spare OM4Ti to sell... ;^)

> As for the  difference between the champagne and the black ones, ASAIK there
> is no  technical diffference.
> In the end Olympus dropped the champagne version  produced only the black
> ones. .......
> and the black ones look better (just my personal opinion).

It's mine opinion too... Maybe I shall repaint the champagne black? :)

> greetings from Hamburg
> Harry W.

Thanks for your help!

Byez