[OM] ( OM ) Camera & lens tests

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Camera & lens tests
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 08:10:43 +1200
Cc: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi folks, and thank you Tom & Lee for your thoughts.

Ive done more looking and it seems what I wrote before was only partly
correct.

While the paper version of PopPhoto seems to have no link to availability of
tests, the same is not true of the web page which does offer a limited
number of re-prints.  Further, I found an URL which doesn't appear on their
website, which seems to be the site of a staffer, which lists very many tests.
(I've temporarily misplaced it, and I can't remember what caused me to find it
- but it will come back).

I suspect that writing to an organisation such as Pop seeking an OK to use
their data like this will get a blanket ban as a matter of principle. The mere
act of asking will alert them to the fact, and of course they will ask to see
the
site. At least they would say they have no control over what is there, so
would not agree. I think that would inevitably lead to a quick death to these
pages, and of course less information available to the group.

I will look at publicising their magazine (which will be easy), and maybe have
specific pages available for a limited time and on a rotating basis or on
request.

Thanks, Brian