Re: [OM] - The big question: how to tell if multicoated or not?

Subject: Re: [OM] - The big question: how to tell if multicoated or not?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 08:53:21 -0400
Ah, a much more complicated question than you think.

Most silvernose lenses are SC, except the fast wides, 21/2, 24/2, 28/2 and,
I think, 35/2, which were always MC.

Most x.Zuiko are SC except the same rule applies.

If it says MC, it is MC.

If it doesn't say anything, and doesn't have x.Zuiko, it is most likely MC,
as they dropped the designation when they were all MC.

Tom

> Hi all!
>
> I know the answer to this question is hard, but does anyone know a good
"rule of thumb" that allows to distinguish between single coated and multi
coated lenses?

> Of course, the MC engraving is one, but apart that? I thought any
silvernosed lens was single-coated, so was any lens with the letter
preceding the "Zuiko" engraving (e.g. "E.Zuiko" or "G.Zuiko") but I am
getting confused and I don't know if this is always true.