Re: [OM] winder 1 modification

Subject: Re: [OM] winder 1 modification
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 22:11:40 +0200
Mike,

the lights take far more power than the winder. I have fed the
modeling lights from the T-Power control (also 6 volt AA) which you
will always need with your T-10 - but the number of flashes was
dramatically decreased that way... AA is probably too small for the
modeling lights.
So I returned from that path and since then I feed the whole rig from
a Power Pack 2 with a 6 volt lead acid battery inside (special Olympus
product of which I have a few). I bought this many years ago...
Or I use a Quantum 1+ battery pack (6 volt lead gel as well) for
T-Power control and modeling lights.

I think that the high capacity NiMH cells (4 x D cell) in an ordinary
Power Pack 2 would also work very well to power up T-power Control,
modeling lights and if you want also the winder. Favorable side effect
would be that the lights, although burning a tad weaker, would have an
almost endless lifetime since they get only 5 volts instead of 6...

Good luck,

Frank van LIndert
Utrecht NL.