Re: [OM] Winder 2 problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder 2 problem
From: Ton Maas <tonmaas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 19:17:31 +0200
Hi there. I recently acquired a winder 2 from the Evil One and have a slight problem. Mounted it on my OM2SP and everything seemed to work OK so shot a roll of film. In single shot mode everything's fine but in sequence mode there is a black band down the left hand side of each (projected) slide. The band is dead vertical, encroaches about 5 0nto the frame and has a soft edge (bit like vignetting from a hood). The right hand side has a sharp edge (took a transparancy out of its mount to check this). I was shooting in auto mode, probably around 1/100th sec. The pictures are reasonably sharp (I was panning) but maybe a liitle underexposed compared with single shot.
What might be causing this? Anyone experienced anything similar?

I've had the same problem with one of my OM2's and Winder 2, but also in single mode. Almost all pictures I took had a blur along one of the vertical sides (probably at the right - I don't remember right now). Shots taken without the winder were okay. Someone suggested the camera batteries might be low, but after I replaced them, the problem remained. My "solution" was simple yet radical. I traded in that OM2 for a near-mint OM4Ti. Had to add some cash, though :-)

Ton