Re: [OM] ( OM ) desirable OM-fit 200 passed up :-(

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) desirable OM-fit 200 passed up :-(
From: "John Cwiklinski" <plinkochips@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 15:36:42 -0700
Brian wrote:

...about Soligor C/D lenses ( = Computer Designed) - the 135 and 200 are
something very special.

This one looks really interesting. Anybody here have experience of them?
<<

I have the Soligor 200mm f2.8 . It is a one-touch lens, very heavy and quite awkward to work with. I contacted Soligor and asked if there was a tripod mount for the lens. The lens was not designed for a tripod mount. The slightest camera movement is picked up on film, usually as a blur. I then used a monopod or tripod (camera mounted) and worried the shoot duration (soccer game) that the camera body flange was going to warp. If you can stabilize, it takes decent pictures.

John Cwiklinski