RE: [OM] ideal "light" kit

Subject: RE: [OM] ideal "light" kit
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:54:55 -0600
> the main problem... is not so much to know what to take with
> you ... but to find the good bag...
> not to photolike (for thieves), big enough, small enough...

 If I'm not going-to-take-photos, but just want to have camera kit with me,
I have the camera in a neverready case, lenses in lens cases, and dump it
all in the bottom of a generic backpack. This makes it easy to carry around,
unlikely to get stolen, and leaves me with enough room for other stuff
(books/food/etc, small tripod; this one:
http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C0.000000E+00prd_id=195979
 fits horizontally at the bottom of a normal-sized daypack, which is very
handy, and while not as solid as a full-sized tripod, it's more than
adequate most of the time)

 -- dan