Re: [OM] I'm back! And a Ping: Mike Veglia and Paul Schings

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm back! And a Ping: Mike Veglia and Paul Schings
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:17:27 -0700
In a message dated 7/9/2002 Stephen Scharf writes:

<< Hey guys, I inadvertantly went off-list for the last month or so.... >>

I've been wondering what happened to you, glad to hear you're okay and just
out havin' fun!

<< I just did a track day with a bunch of buddies on the 4th of July at
Thunderhill
up in Nor. Cal. on my 600 Honda sportbike. >>

You must have had fun, great track!

<< I will post some track day action pix for you  Oly list motorheads when I
get them back from the photographer. >>

Looking forwards to seeing them, even if they were shot with a Can*n ;-)

<< Also, the stuff on the summer exchange looked fantastic, too, though
I never got my exchange photo (what's up with that?!?) :-( >>

Haven't got mine yet either. The print I sent to my recipient went out a tad
late too (to Italy no less--should have arrived a while back by now though I
would hope). I suspect the date snuck up on some of us--not quite as obvious
as 12/25 I guess.

<< Sooo....how's things? Any new stuff I should know about? Any
scandalous behavior been goin' on here since I've been away? >>

We've been pretty well behaved. Some debate on manipulating images and now
fantasizing about our dream OM of the future, but aside from that business
as usual :)

<< Mike, Are you going down to Laguna Seca for the World Superbike races? I
will be down there from Thursday through Sunday. >>

I am, partly due to your prompting me to do so. Sunday only though, and with
my wife and son in tow. I'll be easy to spot--the clueless one who has never
attended, let alone shot at, a motorcycle race ever. If you have any
suggestions for shooting locations it will be greatly appreciated--them
things are different from race cars ;-) My son is really excited and
demanded we take him the moment he caught wind we may be going. Here's
hoping the cooling trend they're predicting for the weekend comes (it was
111 in nearby Felton yesterday!).

Any motorcycle race shooting tips from anyone here will be greatly
appreciated.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com