Re: [OM] light travel kit usage

Subject: Re: [OM] light travel kit usage
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:35:16 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Wayne Culberson wrote:

> Thomas wrote:
>

> >Yeah yeah, going light....I always carry a Minox TLx around - beat that
> >for lightness (Ok, my Minox B could, but that doesn't count) :)
> >Surprisingly sharp as well, although the enlargements do show that the
> >negative is 8mm wide.....
>

> I've never seen one of those either. I suspect the film is harder to find,

The local photo stores carry them. Although only a limited
selection. Of course, taking your favourite 35mm film and slitting it
yourself, then winding it into the small canisters, is fun too.

> and get developed??

That's why I do b&w myself :) However there are still labs that process
those small bastards.

> I've seen pictures of them, but always thought they
> were more of a novelty than a user.

They are both. I do use mine, and I enjoy them a lot. They allow
picture-taking in situations where it would otherwise not be
possible/legal/easy/pratical (of course, I would never take pictures where
it was not permitted).

They are also a novelty, for those who like to collect. Personally, I
have them for their picture taking abilities. Having a Minox means that I
never need to be without a camera...ever. I have gotten some funny,
although not high-res, photos over the years in odd situations where I
would otherwise have gotten none. However if quality is an issue,
the bigger the negative the better...

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering