Re: [OM] light travel kit usage (now small travel cameras)

Subject: Re: [OM] light travel kit usage (now small travel cameras)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:14:13 -0700

 I do have to say
 > I would rather deal with a rangefinder than AF.

I think the dark corners is not related to leave shutter, the 35SP,
35RD and my Bronica SAQ didn't have this problem. For me, I will never
trust AF (without viewfinder verification, no! not the AF ok led, I
need a focusing screen verification).

C.H.Ling

Well, Mr. Ling is a very lucky guy.  :-)

I wonder if the corner darkening has something to do with the
physical smallness of the lens and shutter.  The examples of many P&S
shots by various cameras on the web seem to suffer from dark corners
and they almost all have tiny lenses compared to the format.

It is not in the viewfinder, but the lcd on top of the T3 gives a
distance read out(approximate figure, not exact) for the focus lock
so you can check the AF accuracy if the situation would lead you to
think there might be a problem.  And the AF is simple and easy to
understand so there are few situations where you might need to check
it.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California