[OM] Seeking store Repair/cleaning advice

Subject: [OM] Seeking store Repair/cleaning advice
From: Tal Lancaster <talrmr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:52:26 -0700
Please excuse the off topic post, but I was hoping someone on the list might
have some advice they could pass along...

I have an old Voigtlander Prominent, some lenses, and misc. Voigtlander
hardware that I am wanting to sell (to help fund my renewed Zuiko interests).

However they have been in storage for a good seven years and the body has some
grime on it.  I was thinking before trying to sell it, I should have somebody
more qualified to look everything over; to have the pieces cleaned up; and to
verify that everything is in working condition.

So my question is: should any reputable camera store be qualified to work on
this equipment?  Or should I find a more specialized camera repair place, that
deals in vintage equipment?

I guess to tie this so it is more apropos for this list:

 What do you guys look for in a place you deem worthy to take your camera
bodies to, if they need repairing or a good going over?  Do you have any
specific places in the US that you recommend?

Tal

--
Tal Lancaster
talrmr@xxxxxxxxxxx