[OM] Opinion on 90/2 aperture ring

Subject: [OM] Opinion on 90/2 aperture ring
From: Eric Pederson <epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:59:22 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> My 90/2 Macro has an aperture ring that is significantly louder in its
> operation than all my other lenses=2E  It's not the soft click, but a loud=
> er
> clack between aperture stops=2E  It doesn't affect the operation, it just
> doesn't feel "like a Zuiko"=2E  Does anyone notice this on their 90/2?  I
> don't have several for comparison :-)=2E

Ditto. Not loud, but chunky clicks unlike any of my other Zuikos
-- though this is my only f2 Zuiko. I actually prefer this solid feel and
the other Zuikos seem a bit vague. Also, the
ring extends lower than the camera by an uncomfortable margin and rubs
the tripod unless I mount everything askew. Good thing it takes nice
pictures...

Eric Pederson
epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (no "n" in "epederso")
Professional home page: