Re: [OM] Voigtlaender Lenses for OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Voigtlaender Lenses for OM
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 23:48:07 -0700
At 06:23 AM 7/12/2002 +0100, Chris wrote:
I have asked my local camera shop for prices on the 40.2 and 125/2.5, but apparently the importer has to work that out after talking to Japan... I am pretty sure that it will be lots of dosh, perhaps dollars for pounds, so about £900GBP for both. Since I already have a Zuiko 40/2 and since the 125/2.5 weighs nearly 700g, I think it would be more cost-effective, more useful and more loyal to buy a secondhand 90/2 Zuiko.

Any thoughts anyone?

Well, I think Tom made the observation that the Voigtlander 40/2 is fairly big, unlike the Zuiko pancake. As for the 125, 700g is close to 1 3/4 lbs? That's a heft lens. So you are talking two big lens here. CameraQuest is advertising the 125/2.5 for around $650, which is about the price for a good 90/2. I would take the 90/2 and if needed, add an extension lens to get the extra reach.

I just got the 40/2. While it is actually a bit bigger than I imagine (I guess I was thinking about a real pancake :-) ), I like the angle of view a lot. I took couple rolls with it and are very happy w/ the performance. I think it will be my "standard" lens.

The 90/2 is of course just amazing. Many people have said that it's a lens that you will never regret that you have purchased. I am inclined to agree with that.

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]