Re: [OM] "poor-quality" plastic cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] "poor-quality" plastic cameras
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 23:57:42 -0700 (PDT)
The problem with many plastic cameras is not so much
that they will shatter if dropped but in my experience
things like the little latches and hooks that hold the
film and bettery doors on will be the things to break
off FAR more readily than in metal cameras. This will
leave you with a camera that is functional but not
repairable in that you won't be able to take off the
film door or battery door to replace it with a new
one. I've seen tons of SLR's and P&S cameras taped up
which is uglier that the ugliest brassing IMHO.

Mark Lloyd