[OM] Versions of 50/1.8 and 50/1.4

Subject: [OM] Versions of 50/1.8 and 50/1.4
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:37:46 +0200
My zuikoholism is getting worse :-)

Since they aren't expensive, I'd like to get all optical variants of both
kind of 50mm (no, I'm not interested on the f/1.2), just to feel the
'different tastes' between them.

AFAIK, the last version of the F1.8 was that marked 'made in Japan'. Mine
is of that kind, and seems to be very recent (s/n 5204xxx). On the other
hand, the last formulation of the F1.4 begins at about s/n 1085xxx, but
mine is a ZUIKO MC in the 1074xxx range.

Has anyone a clue of serial numbers/front markings of the different
versions of these lenses?

I must be mad :-)

TIA,

Carlos Santisteban