[OM] Extension Tubes

Subject: [OM] Extension Tubes
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 22:22:39 +0100
Hi Guys,

Quick query for you all.  I've been offered a set of Jessops Auto Extension
Tubes for OM, from a good friend of my father.  They are boxed & unused,
with instructions.  It is a set of 3 - probably "around" 7, 14, & 21 (the
guy said they were in the loft right now and he couldn't remember exactly
which numbers they were !)

I know he's genuine, so no worries there, but he's asking 30GBP for the set.
Is this fair for this item ?  I know a little about the original Olympus
extension tubes, but don't know about the aftermarket Jessops ones.  I'm
thinking it's a good deal, but would like some re-assurance !

Any advice would be welcomed.

He collects a lot of camera gear (and has a lot of OM - specifically OM10's
and OM-1's).  He also has a 35-105 zoom (Zuiko), and a 75-150 f4 Zuiko which
he is considering selling.  I know the prices from the great Ebay History
site (is it Skip's ?), but would welcome user advice from anyone who has
tried these lenses.  I already have a Tokina 28-70 and a Vivitar 70-205, and
feel that these pretty much cover the required range (especially with the
matched Vivitar 2x Converter I also have).  The Zuiko 135/f3.5 gives me a
nice prime at the "short tele" range, and I feel that I would rather get
something like a prime 85 and/or a prime 24 that duplicate my existing zoom
range (unless the Zuiko lenses are particularly superior !).

Thanks,

Jon