Re: [OM] Query re OM10

Subject: Re: [OM] Query re OM10
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:38:59 -0500
At 11:15 7/15/02, Mike Veglia wrote:
In a message dated 7/14/2002 John Lind writes:

<< BTW, for adults, my wife came home with this one two days ago:
   _An_Ansel_Adams_Guide:_Basic_Techniques_of_Photography_(Book_1)_
   by John P. Schaefer
   Little, Brown and Company, Boston

Haven't read it completely yet, but looks like a compendium of selected
text from Adams' trilogy (The Camera, The Negative, and The Print) >>

For adults? I recall absorbing all three books in that trilogy, along with
the Time Life series and others, at around 13 or 14 years old.

If only I could recall everything I learned back then ;-)

You obviously had a passion for Adams' material. Many (most ??) teens are not passionate about photography, and it's not lightweight reading due to its combination of conciseness and depth.

I'll modify that from "adults" to "teens with a passion for photography, and adults." You're right; someone at about 7th or 8th grade can handle it, *if* they have decent reading skills and the very high interest level to pursue it that deeply.

-- John