RE: [OM] re: potential London trip forthcoming...what to shoot, w hat to

Subject: RE: [OM] re: potential London trip forthcoming...what to shoot, w hat to se e?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:21:37 -0600
> By the way you can get most of St Pauls in a
> 35mm now, they've knocked a couple of buildings down.

 Okay, I stand corrected -- it was a couple of years ago I was there, and I
seem to remember building sites floating around the area. I still stand by
the principle that you won't regret having a wide-angle lens no matter what
you do, though -- in cities, you can normally get nearer to things, but you
can't always get further away.

 Oh, another place for people/'street' shooting would be Covent Garden, of
course.

 Museums -- you really should go to the British Museum, the new covered
court is spectacular, and the antiquities there are worth the time. The V&A
is also good, though there's far too much of it to even try and see. The
Tate Modern is another must, now that I think about it -- the entrance hall
there is amazing, and if you like modern art it's obviously worth seeing.
Even if you don't actually go into the galleries, it's worth the trip just
for the entrance, I reckon.

 -- dan