Re: [OM] OM2 with handicaps

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2 with handicaps
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:50:36 -0400
Sounds like a really old 2, like 6 digit serial number between 100-200,000.
Oldest series has meter switch that looses it's conductivity so it is common
for battery check position to work improperly.  try rocking back and forth
many times, that may make it work. Of course,  make sure you have fresh
silver oxide batteries.  Numbers scratched off shutter speed scale?  Sounds
like tampering or water damage.  Numbers are printed with water based ink
and it is common to see them runny or spread out in water damaged bodies.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,
please call 1-800-221-3000