[OM] Extension Tubes, 35-105 Zuiko

Subject: [OM] Extension Tubes, 35-105 Zuiko
From: "Andy Gilbert" <gilbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:43:51 +0100
Try & get the 35-105 would be my advice.  It's a great general purpose lens
& is very good (Check Joel Wilcox's site for evidence) It even does close
focus!  I paid GBP99 for a good one but they seem to go for more than this
on evilbay.  The 75-150 is a good lens, but not quite up to the 35-105, IMO.
Also it is much longer.  I have one but rarely use it now, it cost me GBP60.
You mention you think you need an 85 prime, well if you take pictures of
people then you do NEED the 85/2 Zuiko.  A recent purchase from the states
on evilbay, (luckily a BIN at a good price) it's a wonderful lens.  Setting
a zoom to 85mm just is not the same, somehow. Now go set that alarm clock!!

Andy Gilbert
Exeter
Devon
England