Subject: [OM] New third party wide-angle zoom lenses

From: Marten Beels <mbeels@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:52:16 -0700 (PDT)
>What third party wide-angle zoom lenses made in the
>last few years work
>on the OM-(1-4)?

Arild, last September I bought a Vivitar Series 1
19-35 f/3.5-4.5 zoom lens brand new from B&H photo and
video.  The price was pretty resonable and the
performance has been more then acceptable for my
purposes.  (8x10s)  I think that this is the same lens
as the Phoenix one.  There is also a Samyang 18-28 for
a bit less money.  According to lens tests from
Popular Photography posted a few weeks ago, they both
perform quite well.  The Vivitar contains more
plastic, but wether or not that is a serious
disadvantage has been debated extensively.  It is
certainly light weight and mine has held up quite well
to moderate use. (no abuse)

Marten