Subject: [OM] New third party wide-angle zoom lenses

From: Marten Beels <mbeels@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:07:00 -0700 (PDT)
>What third party wide-angle zoom lenses made in the
>last few years work on the OM-(1-4)?

Arild,

Last September I bought a brand new Vivitar Series 1
19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 lens for Olympus OM from BH photo
and video.  It is the same lens as the Phoenix and
Soligor, I believe.  There is also a Samyang 18-28
still available new from various sources.  Someone on
this list recently posted lens test results from
Popular Photography and they both performed quite
well.  The Vivitar contains a lot of plastic, but I
haven't heard any acounts of one actually falling
apart.  Mine has withstood regular use quite well, and
optically, the results are excellent.  There are many
favorable reviews of this lens on the internet.  The
positive word-of-mouth (keyboard??) reputation is what
I partly based my decision to buy this lens on.

Here is a picture of the lens:
[http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1365973410]

Marten