Re: [OM] london trip forthcoming..what to shoot/see? [Gary E]

Subject: Re: [OM] london trip forthcoming..what to shoot/see? [Gary E]
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 00:04:12 -0500
Gary,

Wasn't aware of that one. It's been a long time since I travelled by train in Britain. I travelled by train from N Wales to London quite a few times and used the N Wales local lines quite a few times; once to Scotland. Most of my trips to Scotland have been by car - and once by motorcycle.

But I like rail travel. I think the newer highspeed trains (where they run) take some of the appeal out of it. The slower ones being somewhat akin to the difference between taking the SS United States (when it was sailing) as opposed to flying NY to London PanAm.

And rail travel, especially using a period "pass", is very cost effective.

Cheers,
Lee