Re: [OM] london trip forthcoming-what to shoot/ see? [John Gruffyd]

Subject: Re: [OM] london trip forthcoming-what to shoot/ see? [John Gruffyd]
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 01:01:42 -0500
John,

Indeed; Wales as a whole is beautiful - and has tremendous scope for photography. Especially (IMO) the wild and rural, coastal areas - and small historic towns, villages, individual buildings and castles.

Did you ever see that old sporting lodge used by Prince (Edward?) near the Sportsmans Arms up on the moors (think it was near Denbigh)? The hill location was called Gwylfa Hiraethog or something like that. Last time I saw it in the 1990s it was a ruin - hardly a couple of walls standing. What a shame. I recalled seeing it in the early 1970s when it was all standing and the roof had just begun to collapse.

Wales - what a treasure. I am sorry I didn't take more advantage of the times I spent there in this regard.

Regards,
Lee