RE: [OM] re: potential London trip forthcoming...what to shoot, w hat to

Subject: RE: [OM] re: potential London trip forthcoming...what to shoot, w hat to se e?
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:55:43 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:42, Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>If you do make purchases in the UK (or other countries), most allow you to
>reclaim the Value Added Tax with a form. Keep your non-food receipts. Ask
>customs when coming in what the rules are.

>I think UK VAT is about 18%?

On the other hand, with many countries, unless you are able
to reclaim the VAT before leaving the country, there is a
usually minimum amount before you can reclaim it via a form
after you leave the country.  Again, check with the country
you plan to visit if it is a concern to you.  We were just
a few pennies short last time we visited Canada and our form
was rejected when we mailed it in after the visit.
        -Dan