Re: RE: [OM] 200 ISO, was what to shoot in London

Subject: Re: RE: [OM] 200 ISO, was what to shoot in London
From: siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:58:53 -0700
7/17/2002 6:18:08 AM, "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Well, AGFA Scala is a great film rated at ISO 200.  it can be pushed or
>pulled either way, but shooting it straight has yielded excellent
>results.

ah but slides are out of the question since i can't get em scanned :(

>Provia F 400 is certainly a good film, and only marginally inferior to
>the 100 speed version.  If you are thinking print film, I would go with
>the Fuji films as they incorporate the 4th layer of cyan to help balance
>mixed lighting interiors, which I am sure you will encounter.  I'd
>recommend, however to under-rate the film by 1/2-2/3 stop.  Also, look
>at the 800 speed.  It is amazingly fine grain for all of it's speed.

So that takes out Provia, fine film that it is. I do tend to shoot exclusively
fuji, either superia or nps/h depending on the occasion, underrating by 1/3
stop for good measure. Only one experience with
NHG II 800, good stuff yes, but like all Nxx films, costs me 4x as much as
Superia. So tend to use it for formals (weddings, graduations) and shoot 4x
more superia at all other places :)

/A/S
--
dum spiro, spero