[ot] [OM] snappy snaps, was potential London trip forthcoming

Subject: [ot] [OM] snappy snaps, was potential London trip forthcoming
From: siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:12:14 -0700
7/18/2002 5:41:30 PM, "Larry J. Clark" <ljclark@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>2.  I was referred to Snappy Snaps by a member of the C/V list.  The fronts
>of the shops are this really irritating yellow, so they're hard to miss.  I
>went to their web page and located the shop closest to my hotel.  When
>traveling I prefer to develop as much of my film "over there" as possible.
>(It was an interesting internal discussion that lead up to me loading the
>camera bag with XP2 and only bringing along a couple rolls of color.)

i'm not familiar with the locations given on their website (gosh, 3 differnt
URLS, all with different faces, all apparently belonging to the same chain).
would you happen to know if any are in the heart
of london, or anywhere near purley, surrey? also, what can i expect to pay for
4" 24 single prints and also for 36? will they do Picture CD? AFAIK, PictureCD
is only for print film, do they have
something for slides? if yes, i can my cake and eat it too (shoot slides, and
get them digitized for weh sharing). Ektamax, that's the paper kodak recs. for
printing chromo b/w. no wonder they do it
right! since they're using kodak paper, and should i decide the prices there
are reasonable enough, i might as well skip fuji and get kodak supra or porta,
since they will be optimized for their own
papers. thanks for any info!