Re: [OM] T-18 - what a strange flash!

Subject: Re: [OM] T-18 - what a strange flash!
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 23:54:56 -0500
At 16:06 7/18/02, Bob Gries wrote:
Well, I picked up a T18 from the 'bay, and I have to say that it doesn't
look or feel like an Olympus.  I like the size, and height of it
compared to the T20, but it doesn't have a "normal" AUTO, but the manual
distances are nice and clear.

Anybody else have some experience with this that they would like to
share?  Does anyone know the folklore behind its design, and approx.
release date?

My best guess would be between 1985 and 1990, and possibly after 1987. Why a T-18 I don't know. Perhaps it provided a less expensive alternative to the F280 prior to introduction of the OM-2000 and its flash, the S20 (another oddball compared to the QA and T flashes).

-- John