Re: [OM] OM 10 magnet (was OM 30 Oily Magnet)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 10 magnet (was OM 30 Oily Magnet)
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:28:33 -0500
OK, looking at the middle of the circuit board, you'll see a black thing
sticking up with two legs going down to the circuit -- that's the Silicone Blue
Cell.  Just behind it, under the tan/brown flexible circuit board, is the
electromagnet -- the windings are brass colored, and it's oriented
side-to-side.  To the left end of the coil is the armature, which is bright
chrome.

The electromagnet is held in place by two brass screws, and at the lower end of
the one nearest the armature is a spring -- DO NOT knock that spring off the end
of the screw when cleaning the armature and magnet!  To get between the armature
and magnet, the shutter has to be released -- when wound, the armature is held
against the magnet.