Re: [OM] Why I do it the analogue way...

Subject: Re: [OM] Why I do it the analogue way...
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 04:25:13 -0500
jochen.schiffler@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jochen Schiffler) wrote:

I like to think of the cartridge and the film itself as a container that
stores light and thereby colors, emotions, history and moments (no matter of
what would be a technically correct description).
I like to hold the cartridge in my hands and think about the moments, the
places and the people I'm carrying and wonder if they will appear the way I
remember them.

While I definitely agree with what you posted, I wonder a little if there was a time when people thought little rolls of film destroyed the "romance" of loading film (or glass plates) into the camera -- and if there will be a time when people think of Memory Sticks and Compact Flash cards the same way we regard film cartridges -- as "containers that store light."

Steve