[OM] OT; landscape shots

Subject: [OM] OT; landscape shots
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <jlamadoo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:01:01 -0700 (PDT)
The other day I argued in favor of using Photoshop to
develop an image as long as the tool didn't overwhelm
the image.

To me, this guy's stuff is an exquisite set of
examples of just that.  Every single morsel of every
single image looks like it's been oversharpened to the
point of caricature.

I don't know what planet he took these on.  None of
them look like Earth to me.  None of them look like
home.

Am I alone?

Lamadoo

http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/us/photogra/index.htm

 Now, partly they're impressive because the guy's
taking aerial
photographs
of innately spectacular scenes -- but there's still a
big gap between
being
there with a camera and actually getting this sort of
image when you're
done..