Re: [OM] are SC lenses to blame?

Subject: Re: [OM] are SC lenses to blame?
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 20:36:54 +0200
>John H. and I have had a frustrating time with a couple OM-1 bodies and
>meter accuracy.  He mentioned that others on the list have had problems
>with certain lenses and the accuracy of the OM-1 meter.

<snip>

>I still need to go home and check this with my other lenses, but thus
>far is there anything mechanically different between older and newer
>versions of these lenses that would cause this?  I have not had any
>problems with these lenses and the -4Ti, so I am guessing it might be
>more with the OM-1 meter, and not the lenses.

Two things come across my mind:

*Is the right focusing screen in the OM-1? OM-4Ti won't be affected by
clear-field screens, like 1-5, 1-6 and 1-7, but they are likely to shift
the OM-1 metering, depending on the lens.

*Maybe there's a problem between the coupling lever of the OM-1 and the
coupling pin of affected lenses. I've got a Zuiko MC 50/1.4 whose coupling
pin doesn't match the coupling levers of my OM-1MD and OM-1n, but works OK
with my other OMs. By the way, both OM-1s work great with my other 11
lenses.

Hope this helps,

Carlos Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>