[OM] Repair or Replace? Samyang 18~28 Zoom

Subject: [OM] Repair or Replace? Samyang 18~28 Zoom
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:53:50 +1200
Hi Curtis,

Thanks for the warning about the fourth screw on the mounting plate of this
lens. I hadn't spotted that it is placed where it is, and the edge of the hole
within which it sits are quite sharp.

Now to find some soft filler to set in the hole; and lengthen the lifetime of
the
plastic beeper button of my OM4T.  Of course, one other way to deal with his
dilemma is to chamfer the edge of the screw-hole, so the plastic button can
glide over it.

And a third would be to glue in a disk of plastic to the level of the mount.
Now that I think of it, perhaps that's what I will do; I have to find some
Pliobond for the Advance-lever axle-cover for an OM10 anyway (not an easy
task), and a dab of Pliobond would be much easier to shift  than epoxy. .

Brian