[OM] ( OM ) Substitute for Pliobond - and dielectric grease

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Substitute for Pliobond - and dielectric grease
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:42:43 +1200
Hi folks,

On my current shopping list is Pliobond, a rubbery adhesive that is widely
recommended for several purposes in camera repair and maintenance. Two
uses; sticking down the cover of the film-advance lever in OM10's such that it
can be removed again (using solvents) without physical damage to the cover;
and attaching leathers to the body.

I can't find it anywhere locally; in fact most (all?) I have asked never heard
of
it. I have located the manufacturer in Akron Ohio and e-mailed them for agent
details.

There are several other contact rubber adhesives available locally; Ados F2,
and a Selleys Contact cement.

What others, if any, do you recommend for such uses with cameras?

Interestingly, another material (with camera uses) which has been in
widespread  use in North America for about 20 years, has not found its way
to this part of the southern Hemisphere; that is "dielectric grease". Most
people one would think had a use for it have never heard of it; and those who
have and who can get hold of it, hang onto it like grim death.

Brian