Re: [OM] was Further thoughts on technology......new to photography her

Subject: Re: [OM] was Further thoughts on technology......new to photography here using old cameras?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:10:03 -0500
At 13:07 7/23/02, Eric wondered:
Anyone else new to photography here using old cameras?

Eric

Not exactly "new" to photography; just didn't take is seriously for quite a few years. If that counts, then how about a (circa) 1954 Contax IIIa rangefinder?

I know there is at least one list member using its greatest rival, a Leica III?. A photo of it is in one of the TOPE galleries (macro ??). Must be at a few list members using Yashicamat or Rolleiflex medium format TLR's also. Look up the cost of accessories for the Z-I Contax, Leica LTM's or a Rolleiflex. Makes the cost of OM stuff pale.

-- John