Re: [OM] ( OM ) Pliobond

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Pliobond
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:34:59 +1000
G'day Brian,

They must have made an awful lot of this stuff. I remember we used
Pliobond back in the early fifties when I was serving a ground
engineer's apprentiship with Qantas in Sydney. It was the adhesive of
choice for fabric repairs on cabin furniture in DC-3's and 4's etc.
Another somewhat sinister use was, when mixed with equal parts of
graphite grease, smearing it on unmentionable areas of first year
apprentices as a form of initiation :-).

I'd be tempted to use a good quality i.e., Selleys, contact cement for
your application.

Regards,
John.