Re: [OM] Pliobond/foam replacement

Subject: Re: [OM] Pliobond/foam replacement
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:00:45 -0300

I would be uneasy using a contact cement instead of a rubber cement
(Pliobond) for some applications, specifically using contact cement for
John Hermanson's back foam kits. I imagine that foam glued with normal
contact cement would be much more difficult to remove subsequently than
foam glued with rubber cement (John recommend's Pliobond).

Roger Key

I've replaced the foam in almost all of my cameras, and have put the new
foam in place using double-sided tape, or friction fit where it works. It
holds in place fine, and can be removed easily.
But it won't work for holding down lifting leather. So, I have to go looking
for some of this rubber based cement.
Wayne