Re: [OM] NEVER READY BATTERIES

Subject: Re: [OM] NEVER READY BATTERIES
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 14:51:14 +0100
Thanks all for your help and advice regarding battery corrosion. I caught it
early on and think "hope" that the connectors are clear. What worries me is
that the "juice" has soaked into the cable connecting headset to battery
box. According to very helpful source at Energizer UK. the crud is attracted
to the neg lead and that "neg lead corrrosion" is a well known problem. As I
use this unit as a safety backup when hiking and rock fishing it MUST be
reliable. Energizer UK. have given me the address of a firm in France who
are contracted to sort out these problems for them.
     Also had a similar reply from Energizer US. The problem will have to
wait for a month however...London tomorrow morning...flying out on Mon  for
4 wks in Colo, Wyoming, and who knows where!!
        I  have filed suggestions re corrosion cleaning...BUT hope I do not
have need of them again  :-(  Regards to all, try not to get too heated
while I am away    :-) P.S. I hope my daughters remember to empty my e-mail
box on a regular basis!            John Duggan, Wales, UK.