RE: [OM] Further thoughts on technology

Subject: RE: [OM] Further thoughts on technology
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 21:07:14 -0400
I think "perfect auto exposure" could happen with digital (on tripods) now.
Instead of manual bracketing, just expose a series of frames with
increasing exposure time which capture all the info there is. The only
limits would be internal reflections which obscure shadow detail. Then
combine in photoshop

The same could be done similarly with autofocus.

This is probably happening somewhere in science right now.

tOM

On Friday, July 26, 2002 at 5:14, Lee Penzias <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "RE: [OM] Further thoughts on techno" saying:
> But it is only automation that has been added to most cameras; to the point
> where "composition" - a la point&shoot - is the only factor most people need
> to take into account when taking any given picture.
>
> ... Or so they wish! There is no perfect auto exposure control - because not
> all scenes have the same lighting conditions - and not all photographers
> desire the same exposure emphasis on any part of a given frame. Ditto AF.
> Ditto the weight and complexity of all the "extra features" - and the
> dependence on batteries.
...--
--------- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Olympus-Documentation