RE: [OM] AF/Exposure [Tom]

Subject: RE: [OM] AF/Exposure [Tom]
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 20:33:56 -0500
Tom,

I think you are right on the money there - an AE digital that would pick (or could be set manually) to expose in close steps within a given range - sort of like a digital motordrive auto step increase/decrease for each frame. Or even a linear progression (would eat up alot of bytes) that could then be adjusted like a brightness control on a tv when viewed later. The results could then be reviewed and the "best" (or desired) result(s) used for the final image.

They are probably saving that one so when you can finally afford that $1,200 5megapixel wonder, and have paid for one, there will be *another one* for you to chase a year later. Then when you have that one, they'll finally release the linear type ;)

Ah yes... the market.

Cheers,
Lee