Re: [OM] [OT] Speaking of old timers (was: Need half frame help)

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Speaking of old timers (was: Need half frame help)
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:42:57 -0500
At 03:04 PM 7/27/2002 -0700, you wrote:
That's quite a list of old timers, I'm surprise people still
remember all those names, I thought memory is the first to go
when you get up in age :-).

Second thing to go. ;-)

Anyway, whatever happened to Lee Hawkins, the keeper of the
Olympus FAQ?  I still refer to the FAQ once in a while, but I
don't think it is being updated anymore (it was last updated
in October 2001).  Is Lee still on this list?  I know Michael
Covington (the other half of the FAQ keeper) is no longer
active on the Olympus side, though I still see him post to the
UseNet occasionally when the topic of Olympus cameras comes up.

Lee has been off the list for several years. He dropped back in at one point with a question about something or other, and then I suppose he left again.

Michael Covington gave up OM for Nikon. His last posts were complaints about the OM-4 viewfinder for someone with spectacles.

These folks were luminaries when I joined the list, but I think there are equally informed folks on list right now. The collective knowledge seems quite high actually and the FAQ is getting a little long in the tooth. It would be nice to have a thorough-going revision that includes more recent stuff.

I don't know much about cameras or anything else and I don't pay attention very well, so I learn from new and old alike. The list works well for me. I'm a man for all seasons. :-)

Joel W.