RE: [OM] Flash for OM-1n

Subject: RE: [OM] Flash for OM-1n
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:30:52 -0700
> I almost always  use the BG-2 with a motor drive or winder and have the
> flash on the shutter release button side of the camera. I just recently used
> it on that side without the winder and found it very awkward. Moving the
> flash to the other side made it easier to reach the shutter release and it
> was much easier to hold the camera steady. I much prefer the BG-2 with the
> winder or motor though. That is a great combination. /jim

I tried only the BG2 on my OM2n (left side) the other day and it was a
PITA to focus and then switch hands to take the picture. Right side was
worse. The winder adds a lot of bulk and weight but seems like a
necessary evil. Too bad there isn't a base plate for the BG that
incorporates a simple film advance. It wouldn't have to be blindingly
fast or have continuous mode as flash recharge is the limiting factor.

Mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West