RE: [OM] Best Tri-pod for OM

Subject: RE: [OM] Best Tri-pod for OM
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:31:11 -0500
I think that it all depends on what kind of lenses you are using.  Bogen
are certainly good, but maybe sometimes a bit pricey.

I'd start there, but be sure to look for solid tubular construction, and
levers that aren't a pain to use repeatedly.  I had an older Bogen that
had the tightening-screw type of adjustment.  After a day of that my
fingers would be quite tired.  I recently purchased a 3236 (now replaced
with the 475?) that is good because of its height, stability and geared
column.  I matched it with a mini-gear head, but if you are starting
out, I would look to the 3001BPRO.

Hope this helps!

<snip>

 I don't think the fact you're putting OM bodies on it makes much
difference
-- if you were putting huge heavy field cameras on it, it might change
things, I guess, but OM bodies and lenses are light enough that it
shouldn't be a big problem. (unless you have the 1000/6.5 or something,
I guess).