Re: [OM] 28/2 or 35/2?

Subject: Re: [OM] 28/2 or 35/2?
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:30:30 -0700
Bob,

>From Gary Reese's testing:

Kiron 28mm f/2 MC (multi-coated)
OM-4 with mirror and aperture prefire
Vignetting = B- @ f/2, A- @ f/2.8, A @ f/4
Distortion = none
Aperture    Center    Corner
f/2         C+        C
f/2.8       B+        B
f/4         A-        A
f/5.6       A-        A
f/8         A-        A-
f/11        A-        B+
f/16        B+        B+
Notes: Very cool image; moderately high contrast, except moderately low
at f/2.

See also the lens test posted at:

http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/zuiko/00100312.htm

My own non-scientific evaluation is that it is as sharp as my
(silver-nose) 85 f/2.  I don't have the proper hood for it, so I use a
Zuiko 35 mm f/2 hood.

This is yet another reason why I will eventually burn in hell.

Bill Stanke