Re: [OM] 28/2 or 35/2?

Subject: Re: [OM] 28/2 or 35/2?
From: plp@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:10:18 GMT
Cc:
>The 28/2 is _really_ sharp at any aperture, with high contrast
>and the smoothest, sweetest bokeh I've ever seen! Though, maybe
>distortion is not its best feature, but I don't care about it.

According to Gary's lens tests, the 28/2 has mild distortion,
especially compared to lenses like the 24/2. But other lens
tests found that the 28/2 has low distortion (I found some of
this through searching the archives), so I think you may be
able to ignore distortion.

But back to the original question ... One advantage of buying
the 28/2 is in the area of lens hoods. You will need a 55mm
lens hood for the 35/2, where the 28/2 uses 49mm filters. Since
you already own the 21/3.5, I assume you also own the 21/3.5
lens hood. When using a slim circular polarizer on the 28/2 or
21/3.5, you can use the same lens hood, the slip-on variety
intended for the 21/3.5.

Pete