[OM] Zuiko Zen - was 28/2

Subject: [OM] Zuiko Zen - was 28/2
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:13:09 -0500
Whoa!  Now hold on there!  Zuiko Zen is only 1 body 2 lenses (maybe 3 if
you can make a good argument).  If I wanted weight, I would carry around
the 24 shift! ;)

I also have the 18/3.5, but don't use it much on the street.  The 21/3.5
seems a lot nicer to me w/o the extra bit of stretch on the long edges.
I have often considered pitching the 18/3.5 and 21/3.5 in favor of the
21/2, but it has often gotten me out of a tight situation, and will
prove itself worthy just like the 16/3.5 will do occasionally.  When I
do use the 18/3.5, I enjoy the extra room on the short side of the
frame, and will crop a bit top and bottom to remove the offending extra
stretch.

I also have to say, that if I have more architecture to do that day, I
will carry the 35 shift and 135/2.8.  extremely useful lenses that cover
a very good range.

<snip>

I also have the 18/3.5, 24/2, 35/2 sequence (plus 50/1.2, 85/2,
135/2.8).  Very nicely spaced and I haven't felt the need for greater
versatility (gap from 85->135 is plugged with 35-105 zoom).

-- John