RE: [OM] 28/2 or 35/2?

Subject: RE: [OM] 28/2 or 35/2?
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:15:03 -0500
Ah, yes.  Though that sounds like a good combo, I can't justify upwards
of $500 for the 40/2!

I am very interested to see the support for the 24/2.  I always heard
mediocre things about it, but I guess a lot of people like it!

<snip>

Well, given the options you listed I would go for the 35, mostly because
I have never cared for 28s. To wide to substitute for a normal, but not
a super wide, kind of neither fish nor fowl so to speak. A better
(albeit
expensive) combination in my mind for a two lens kit is the 40 f/2 with
the 85 f/2. The 40 is a nice "wide-ish" normal lens. I would then add a
24 f/2 for when you want a three lens kit.