[OM] 28/2 or bust

Subject: [OM] 28/2 or bust
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:57:26 -0500
Well, I purchased a 28/2 that should be here on Fri. I got a partial
deal on it - $265 shipped.  The deciding factors for choosing this over
a 24/2 or 35/2 are as follows:

In the world of 1 body, 2 lenses, I think that I would want something a
*little* wider than a 35.

In a three lens world of 21-35-85, I would most likely use the 35 shift.

Gary's tests (and others testimonials) remarked on its sharpness and
contrast.

It seems that the size and feel may be closer to the 85/2.

I'll let y'all know my satisfaction when I run a test roll.  In the mean
time, anybody who thinks that the 35/2 is a better lens can send it my
way for "evaluation"! ;)

Thanks for all the advice!
Bob Gries