Re: [OM] [OT] Speaking of old timers (was: Need half frame help)

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Speaking of old timers (was: Need half frame help)
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:34:11 EDT
The Oben affair was simply a jerk that came on, tried to constantly inflame
and flame, was rude and crude, and was finally rejected by the list members.
When asked to go away he would come back, under various member's email
addresses, and continue to leave inflammatory messages. He was very childish
and apparently has nothing mroe to do with his time than inflame lists, as we
found where he had done this elsewhere. Let's let him stay away.

I do not agree that this was the reason for a great migration any more than
the testosterone-laden blasts over SUV's, guns, et. al. should be blamed .
The fact is the very nature of this list has changed dramatically because of
the fact that most facts about the OM line have been covered and there are no
new "discoveries" like 5 years ago...this alone has changed the nature of the
list from that of one of research and discovery to one of a more social
nature, and that simply will not appeal to everyone. Those who were tiring of
the more socal tone were ready to leave anyway and will always fade away over
time. This is a natural process in the world of "lists".   It is not
necessarily a bad thing: bringing in "new blood" with new perspectives keeps
the flow of posts fresh, otherwise we probably would have exhausted our
topics long ago.

I know I have had many periods when I did not follow the list or just deleted
whole weeks at a time due to faded interest or just simply because other
areas of my life demand attention....but eventually the lure of the OM system
will bring me back for periods of time. After five years of reading about one
subject I think this is pretty normal! While it is human to romanticize the
past and bemoan the "good ole days", in truth we now know more about the
subject and have many more knowledgeable people participating on this list
than ever before...so enjoy the day! We will continue no doubt to have some
very ineresting and colorful poeple as time goes on, adn soem mroe obnoxious
ones as well,  so just sit back and enjoy one and all.

Oldtimer Susan
 (who's not so crazy about that "old" designation...)

Susan Steele
Virginia USA